Yeah it doesn't do anything to help the player really but it's good fun and has potential to be broken
Loki The Shady Spirit
@Loki The Shady Spirit
Best posts made by Loki The Shady Spirit
Latest posts made by Loki The Shady Spirit
RE: Softlock Brekka Village + regain control over dwerve glitch
Softlock Brekka Village + regain control over dwerve glitch
Platform: Windows 10
Steps to recreate
- enter the village normaly (deafeating all the enemys opens the gate)
- walk onto the bridge
- As soon as the cutscene starts playing pause and unpause the game again (This restores your control over dwerve and allows you to spawn the nests of enemys early)
- So place 1 or 2 towers on the bridge to stop enemies who will continue to move in the cutscene from killing you (You need to do this before the text start I think)
- Congrats once the villains are done talking and the enemies are dead you are stuck. You can however walk around and up to the villains they have no hit box of course. There are also static enemies above the north wall blocking you. They are supposed to move in after the villains walk away.
Extra this glitch also works while in dialog. Simply pause and unpause the game to regain control over dwerve and move around
I can not include my log since it doesn't let me do this but I have recorded a clip of it in action
Build 0.0.13 Feedback initial playtrough
Alrighty then I finished the build just now and with things still fresh In my mind I'll tell you all about it.
Firstly I think the game is awesome, I see so much potential for this being a difficult game (Wich I love), later on you'll really have to play your cards right in order to progress.
Didn't encounter much bugs on my first playtrough, but I think that's just me not doing stuff I probably shouldn't, so I'll give the game a couple more plays later where I'll be trying to do some stuff differently. I'll definitely keep notes of that.
Maybe I'll even record it all (If I can remeber)
Some things I like:
- The game looks amazing!(props to the artists)
- Placing the turrets feels and getting the enemy's to target them feels amazing.
- In terms of difficulty it feels right. I think this is a good point to ease the player into the gameplay loop.
- The story is decently interesting
Some thing I dislike
- I don't need the visual hint on where to place the turrets. I mean doing this once is alright but isn't it kinda the point to figure turret placement out yourself? Maybe consider removing that.
- Esben just having the turrets and power stones seems a bit too "Oh look player I am plot point!" if you catch my drift. I feel like it needs a better explanation (e.g Esben is a former warsmith himself, maybe show a short cutscene? Idk I'm not a game designer so I don't know if that would work)
- I felt like destroying everything that looked breakable yet the game didn't let me (This is kinda a joke, but also not really)
- The game gives me potions but no way to use them (Am I missing something here?)(Not that they're needed)
Maybe I'll think of more stuff later, but for now that's everything
Thank you for letting me be a part of this alpha, I'm looking forward to helping out more and to getting to play the full game eventually
-Loki The Shady Spirit
Found a soft-lock at the start of the game. Had to restart level
operating system: Windows 10
steps to reproduce:
1.After waking up in dwerve's house and talking to Esben, Don't follow him outside
2. Continue pressing 'a' (I'm on a controller) it will talk to Esben despite not being near him. Do this until he eventually stops talking to you
3. This will cause the gate to close locking Dwerve out.
4. Leave Dwerve's house.
5. Congrats you are now stuck!
6. Restart the level
I'm sorry I'm missing premissions to include my player log file