Build 0.0.13 Feedback initial playtrough
Loki The Shady Spirit last edited by
Alrighty then I finished the build just now and with things still fresh In my mind I'll tell you all about it.
Firstly I think the game is awesome, I see so much potential for this being a difficult game (Wich I love), later on you'll really have to play your cards right in order to progress.
Didn't encounter much bugs on my first playtrough, but I think that's just me not doing stuff I probably shouldn't, so I'll give the game a couple more plays later where I'll be trying to do some stuff differently. I'll definitely keep notes of that.
Maybe I'll even record it all (If I can remeber)
Some things I like:
- The game looks amazing!(props to the artists)
- Placing the turrets feels and getting the enemy's to target them feels amazing.
- In terms of difficulty it feels right. I think this is a good point to ease the player into the gameplay loop.
- The story is decently interesting
Some thing I dislike
- I don't need the visual hint on where to place the turrets. I mean doing this once is alright but isn't it kinda the point to figure turret placement out yourself? Maybe consider removing that.
- Esben just having the turrets and power stones seems a bit too "Oh look player I am plot point!" if you catch my drift. I feel like it needs a better explanation (e.g Esben is a former warsmith himself, maybe show a short cutscene? Idk I'm not a game designer so I don't know if that would work)
- I felt like destroying everything that looked breakable yet the game didn't let me (This is kinda a joke, but also not really)
- The game gives me potions but no way to use them (Am I missing something here?)(Not that they're needed)
Maybe I'll think of more stuff later, but for now that's everything
Thank you for letting me be a part of this alpha, I'm looking forward to helping out more and to getting to play the full game eventually
-Loki The Shady Spirit